Plan Your Trip: Santa Catalina Island
While putting your new powerboat license to good use, getting to Santa Catalina Island is only half the fun! If you’re planning a trip to Catalina, here are 7 of our favorite things to do:
- Relax! Is there anything better than a massage after a long day of yachting? You’ll find top-notch spas in Avalon!
- Enjoy the beach! There isn’t a bad beach on Catalina! Once you’ve decided which one to spend the afternoon at, relax at a cabana and enjoy the beautiful Pacific Ocean view!
- Get active! From mini-golf, to bike rentals, to SUP and kayak rentals, there’s something for every level of fitness!
- Explore and take in the sights! Feeling a little more adventurous? Go on a jeep tour (you might see the non-native bison herd)! For those unafraid of heights, try a zip-lining adventure!
- Tour the history of the island! The Catalina Casino is the most visible landmark in Avalon Bay, but don’t let the name fool you—there is no gambling in the facility! Instead, it offers daily tours of the 1920s casino building that now serves as the Catalina Island Museum.
- Eat! If you can’t decide which restaurant to try—go on a 3-hour food tour with Taste of Catalina Food Tours to sample the best Avalon has to offer.
- Stay! Can’t fit in everything you want to do in one day? Stay overnight at one of Avalon’s world-class hotels or camp in one of the beautiful campgrounds in the area!
Comments are closed.